Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Notes from the front: Regarding online dating...

Match.com has a "wink" button so that you can faux wink at people to express interest.

I would really like them to add a "Hi - Just go ahead and ask me out for a drink at one of the four following bars (select below) because I will know within one drink whether or not there is any chemistry here" button.

This seems way more fun than making small talk over the interwebs. Everything you need to know to figure out if I'm your flavor is in my profile anyway. Do you REALLY want to chat for two weeks about where I went to college and what growing up in DC is like?

I shall call them and suggest it.

4 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

I am doing match.com toooo and I hate getting winked at.

TY, you are so interested in me that you bothered to push a button. 'Twould have taken all of ten seconds to cut'n'paste the name of your favourite bar plus a "be there or die I will be one of thirty people wearing a read carnation in my buttonhole and if you are not suitable I will escape through the lavatory window" type of social greeting.

And another ten seconds to cut'n'paste a reply along the lines of "I have all the exits covered, there is no escape - come with me to my island off the coast of China and prepare to rule the world."

Bit of common courtesy is all.

Chertiozhnik said...

A read carnation? Yes indeedy.

Wickedred said...

This makes me want to find you on Match and wink at you daily - just to increase the general frustration level in your day. I will however, refrain. Because I'm so nice.

I wish you a read carnation.

Chertiozhnik said...

TY. O God that's so sad deary, I read it already.

I'll try it next time and see if I get to live.