Saturday, July 4, 2009

aaaaaaand...we're back!

Hey friends - It's been way too long. I had to fix my life, and it seems that I have. What can I say? Somedays you just have to stick it out until your little froggy self realizes the water is boiling, and then you must heal all of the burns. I'm pleased to say that this is now done - until it happens again, which I'm pretty sure it will someday. Ah - life, you are a wacky mistress.

It's an interesting day when you wake up and realize that were you to win the lottery you would change almost nothing about your life (this day was not today, BTW, it was a bit ago...but as always - had to put on the giant, soul sucking, meeting of doom and got waylayed from my return to the blogosphere). I'd travel more, I'd work less, I'd set up scholarships and fund a bunch of art, but in the end - I've got what I want. Which is a minor miracle for those of you that have known me for any significant length of time. For those of you that are strangers, well, you'll just have to wonder...

So! Let's start this our on an up note - shall we? Of course, it's not like I'm all joy and love and ponies...

The Hat of Judgement returns! Here's what I feel like judging today.

1.) Ohio...steeped in evil and full of insipid, overpriced baskets.

2.) Zombies...still fun, if now cliche.

3.) My brother...Spectacular. (and also has a really good arm, which I know from when he threw a rock at my head in our youth...but I digress.)

4.) The mere fact that I managed to get Billy Joel tickets...surprising and AWESOME! (yeah - if you are not jealous - you should be. If he plays Zanzibar I might actually cry)

5.) Fringe...good for all occasions. Although I should probably re-evaluate my stance on this as I landed last minute free tickets to the Fleetwood Mac show this year, and as I threw on my standard goin' out uniform A, it occurred to me that I MIGHT look a bit more like a Stevie Nicks groupie than I was comfortable with...

6.) Alliteration...luscious, lovely, languid.

7.) High Fructose Corn Syrup...worst idea ever.

8.) People that leave their carts in the middle of a skinny aisle, therefore blocking everyone else's way...rude. RUDE. pay attention to your surroundings people - we're all in this together.

9.) Arbor day...why?

10.) Nathan Fillion...averagely talented, but super dreamy. Thanks Joss Whedon!

1 comment:

Chertiozhnik said...

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

But I wish I hadn't ever known that Terrific Tuesdays include a special

Make A Basket™! Make two baskets and only pay for one!

offer.

After creating your work of art, be sure to visit the Make A Basket Gift Shop to purchase accessories for your keepsake such as a liner or tie-on as a reminder of your unique Make A Basket™ experience.

Ohio is uncomfortably close to the right hand side of America, and thus only a smallish strip of land and and some sea stand between it and me.