Monday, July 16, 2007

Ten things I know…

1.) If you accidentally ask a man with a hook if he “needs a hand”. Well intentioned or not, you will still feel badly about this ten years later.

2.) If you are sad, a really spectacular pair of striped socks can make you feel MUCH better.

3.) If you accidentally hit your acting teacher in the head with a snowball because your aim is soooo terrible – you will ALSO feel badly about that ten years later.

4.) There is a surprising sense of accomplishment in being able to make well-received fried chicken.

5.) Unicorns don’t actually exist but it would be REALLY COOL if they did.

6.) There is a speed limit on Lake Shore Drive.

7.) Only in the Midwest do you draw a bizarre look if you ask the waitron for fat-free salad dressing.

8.) Sometimes your life is beautiful enough that it’s proof that God exists, and simultaneously hard enough that it’s proof God hates you.

9.) Few things are as satisfying as a really good rocking chair.

10.) Your 30s really truly are better than your 20s.

2 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

They are the only ten things that are true. How did you get the set?

Courtney Hanson said...

My 30s are BETTER than my 20s. I wish someone would have told me that in my 20s. .... or I wish I would have listened!