Saturday, July 21, 2007

Five things I said this week that might have been a little bit inappropriate…

1.) In a meeting of 75 staff members...
If someone is all “Waa.I’m important and I don’t know what to do about it”, send them to Kathy.

2.) In response to a colleague who is managing a project we are both working on, that I will not be involved with onsite...
When we get onsite – I freaking don’t care. It’s your problem.

3.) At the Fluevog store…
Yes! I will buy those $200 shoes.

4.) In response to a neighbor who came dashing out of his apartment to catch me at the end of a 14.5 hour workday...
I can’t care about your chairs right now – talk to the BFF. I have to go to sleep.

5.) In response to the director of one of our larger departments who asked me how I was doing..
Well – this meeting might kill me. But the last one killed my mother.

2 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

One fearsome Hydra, evidently... I haven't worked weekends for, oh, seven years or more.

And you clearly have Attitude rather than Attitude Problem. My worst was "well, then we might as well all give up and go home." It had the effect I was after (everybody ended up doing what I told them to), but at the cost of 1,000,000 brownie points.

Chertiozhnik said...

I don't mean everybody went home. Negative Psychology, stirred up some Empty Suits.