Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I don't have a catchy title today. Sorry. You can suffer. Or make one up all on your own.

So – as you all know who read this space – work is kicking my ass. I just put in a 14 hour day three weeks out from my annual meeting. I cannot even fathom what the next weeks will bring, My soul has detached from my body in a way where now all I do is work, sleep, and exercise.

All of my food is coming from Starbucks.

Needless to say sometimes these days I’m getting a weeeee bit loopy, especially during work. My filter is gone…I could potentially say anything.

During work I occasionally (okay frequently) IM my dearest friend, the BFF.

Today – I took a momentary break to catch up, and during the course reminded her of a lustily good cheese based snack treat that can be found at a place in Wisconsin. She thanked me – and this is what I I’md her in response.

2:26 PM
me:
giver
me
yes I am
and like me some cheese
mmm cheese
I likey my cheesy
cheesypalooza
dairy fairy
the end
by me

2:27 PM
BFF: you are losing your mind! WHOO HOOO!

me:
giver
and funny too
sadly branded too difficult to exist by my father
but he can't even chew without spitting food - so I care not so much!

BFF: hilarious

me: INSTEAD - CHEESECURDS AND JOY!

BFF: nice yes yes yes

me: and cupcakes!

me:
I will dance like the light on the wings of a fairy
for a mere dollar and some sanity

me:
what?
you insinuate I am not radiating joy?
and love?
and glittery goodness
pshaw!
I LOVE THE MEETING AND EXPO
LOOOOOOOVE it

me: don't miss my soul at all

2:30 PM
me:
would buy it back for two dollars
but I stopped taking a salary because I LOVE THIS MEETING SO MUCH!

Perhaps I should get a bit more sleep.

Ah well- good luck to you and whomever may be kicking your ass at the moment.

I’m going to have a drink now.

3 comments:

Wain said...

Wow...


you know, you and I have a lot more in common than most ppl would ever realize.


...I'm just sayin'

Chertiozhnik said...

Poetry (almost Poesie Concrete) under pressure: admirable!

After a few fourteen-hour days, the best I'm capable of is a self-pitying whine.

Anonymous said...

so, your free association IM sent me off to Google with a little of my own. I give you, courtesy of the veritable gold mine of wasted time that is YouTube...The Cheese Fairy. SFW, nothing dirty (what am I saying, of course it is, it's YouTube not one of those other sites). But I have to insist you turn the volume up, and maybe dance in your seat just a little. Because it is that good...in a good good, not bad good way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvLkk-OOcw

ps, other than a possible wheel at the end and maybe, maybe a wedge in the middle, I don't see any cheese...but hey, I didn't create her.