Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ten books I have not read...

Given that I have a double major in both English Lit and Theatre Performance, I have no idea how this happened...

1.) Coriolanus, William Shakespeare
2.) The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
3.) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Edward Albee
4.) 1984, George Orwell
5.) The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera
6.) Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7.) The Jungle, Upton Sinclair
8.) A Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole
9.) The Sandman, Neil Gaiman (series)
10.) Marat/Sade, Peter Weiss

HOWEVER – here are ten things I have read, many more than once (granted, some are more embarrassing than others). Feel free to mock me at your leisure…

1.) Harry Potter, 1-7, J.K. Rowling
2.) Good Omens, Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett
3.) The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley
4.) Sex and the City, Candace Bushnell
5.) The Cider House Rules, John Irving
6.) Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café, Fannie Flagg
7.) Wicked, Gregory MacGuire
8.) It’s Not About the Bike, My Journey Back to Life, Lance Armstrong
9.) A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Dave Eggers
10.) Zodiac, Neal Stephenson

4 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

My score is 30% - 0% which is shameful because I have an MA Eng Lit and have been too drunk for the past thirty years to focus on any kind of printed word.

But you (my dear - shriek) not Confederacy of Dunces? Bottle of bourbon, candlelit bathtub, copy of.

Anonymous said...

Ok. I admit I have never read
2.) The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
either.
But I did watch 'The Good Girl' and Jake Gyllenhall made his character look very desirable.

You should read The Sandman - it's good reading. Although I can never understand how or why it won literary awards when Lucifer: The Lightbringer did not!
Actually, if you are going to go the comic book route - try Lucifer first. It is excellent.

Mock you - Harry Potter.
Laud you - Anything by Neil Gaiman.
The Cider House Rules is my favourite book ever! 'To be of use' is a phrase that haunts me daily.

[Came here via Nobody's Friend]

Anonymous said...

And that's OHara at
www.wastingwords.co.uk
I never use the Blogger account anymore. Your post made me sign in with an ages old thingy.

Wickedred said...

Hey Ohara - sorry about my blog forcing you to do things - Bad Blog! Go to your room!

Welcome - it's always nice to be mocked by a stranger.