Monday, December 31, 2007

This is the FINAL JOY of 2007

Here is some joy. It is random and multi tiered. I seem to have blinded myself by falling asleep in my contacts last night - to that end, please forgive me flagrant typos and grammatical errors - any more than usual at least.

Joy Part 1!
Go here. Watch this. I can't embed it, because I'm a needy incompetent woman.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2716-Zero-Punctuation-Guitar-Hero-III (thanks Pelki!)


Joy Part 2!



Feel free to mock me. That said - it's the BFFs Uncle Billy's Birthday today. he likes this too - so I feel like I'm DOUBLE allowed to qualify this as joy.

Joy Part 3!
Did I mention that today is the last day of 2007? I don't know about you but I am DONE with this year. I believe that 2007 kicked my ass. I am intending to take my ass kicking vengeance out on 2008.

Joy Part 4! (OH MY LORD THERE IS SO MUCH JOY!!)
Panda Cam!

Joy Part 5! The final frontier

Most of the time I write about myself on this blog, and I appreciate that you read it. As we depart 2007, here is a list of things that I am proud of, grateful for, happy about for this year that are all about you!

1.) There was a new baby! (cutest baby EVER! but I'm biased)Love you guys.

2.) Somebody I adore graduated from nursing school in true rockstar fashion and looked fabulous the whole time. Thank you. For everything - you are stellar and inspiring.

3.) Someone I know used a hazer and approximately two lighting instruments left over from 1972 to do a simply stunning show. See!




Nicely done sir. Thanks for the armwarmers :) You are remarkable.

4.) The work ladies. You know who you are. You all saved me this year. In more ways than I can articulate. Thanks to each and every one of you for being interesting, smart, kind, supportive, patient with me, and lovely as all hell. Both with my personal life, and with that beast we call work.

5.) This guy. You are awesome and I am proud of you.





6.) My DC friends, you also know who you are. Simply, thanks.

7.) This lady - who in unfailingly encouraging, supportive and fun, and whose happiness brings me great joy.


8.) Pelki and the man. Thanks for showing up and being snarky.

9.) Nougat. Who came through in the clutch on a really hard day. Thanks.

10.) A fabulous friend of mine got to quit her job and go on tour! I like you! Lobsters!

11.) This lady. Isn't she pretty?

12.) That lady's man - thanks for carrying my luggage upstairs when I needed it most.

13.) Vacation, the time to take it, and a good friend to take it with.

14.) Lewis at Perfect Laundry - who can always get me out of a jam.

I'm sure that there are more, but I'm stopping here but for this last one - thank YOU! yeah you. For checking in here every one in awhile, reading things, and occasionally having something to say. A very happy new year to you and yours.

1 comment:

Chertiozhnik said...

More joy than I can handle. Why are tap-dancing sailors the only utterly right form of human expression?

The rest I can leave. Last guitar hero I saw live was Robin Trower, and someone was sick on my friends head during the gig. Kinda summed it up.