Thursday, December 13, 2007

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?



We did personality testing at work the other week. Typically - I enjoy such exercises, and am rarely surprised by the results (for you Meyers-Briggs fans out there I'm an ENTJ - I believe that personality type boils down to, soulless, but can deliver.)

Last time out we did something different - DiSC Training, which stands for Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscientiousness.

I share with you now - my DiSC profile.
________________________________________
I have the "Inspirational Pattern"

Emotions: Accepts aggression, downplays need for affection.

Goal: Control of their environment or audience.

Judges others by: Projection of personal strength, character, and social power.

Influences others by: Charm, direction, intimidation, use of rewards.

Value to the organization: Acts as a "people mover," initiates, demands, compliments, disciplines.

Overuses: Attitude that "the ends justify the means."

Under Pressure: Becomes manipulative, quarrelsome, belligerent.

Fears: Weak behavior, loss of social status.

Would increase effectiveness through: Genuine sensitivity, willingness to help others to succeed in their own personal development.
______________________________________

I'm not going to get into the rest of the description now - it's three paragraphs long and is probably more than you want to know about me. Highlights include"astute at identifying and manipulating an individual's existing motives in order to direct that person's behavior toward a predetermined end" and "people often feel a conflicting sensation by feeling drawn to Inspirational people and yet being curiously distanced"

Granted - this is how your personality is at the office - not at home or in personal relationships where it can change** but I believe what I learned most from this excercise is that I missed my calling as a cult leader.

**those of you that know me personally - you have my permission to roll your eyes knowingly at this post. That said, I'm pretty sure I'm not as evil yet tasty at home as they say I am at work. If so - sorry if you feel curiously distanced from me :) - perhaps this explains my enduring singleness.

3 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

You sound like a really nice type of person. Only in the office, tho.

Wain said...

So, yeah, this basically says...you are an ENTJ.

While I'm sure you do realize this, I also just hope you realize how much you and I have in common...because it's a rather strikingly LARGE amount of our respective personalities.

BTW..Biff's an ENTJ if that explains anything to you about the mutual attraction you and I have for each other.

Courtney Hanson said...

Hey - I'm an ENTJ. What's wrong with that????