Saturday, May 5, 2007

In the beginning...

So – what is the focus of this blog? No idea – the miscellany of everyday life. Well – MY everyday life. Which then begs the question – who the hell am I? What do I do, what do I love, where do I come from.

I’m from the east coast, the suburban paradise that is Washington, DC’s surrounding areas – where success is measured by SUVs and the Federal GS Scale. I am shocked to find out that I have finally moved to Chicago – where everything is good but the weather.

I love the theatre – have a degree in it in fact – but am a Meeting Planner by trade these days. This is an issue that will rear its ugly head again.

My family is a bit nuts - more on this later, but the basic point is, I was pretty much just a feral id with an anxiety problem by the time I hit college… (in the early ninetes - back in olden days when we wrote our papers on paper and didn't have email.)

Other stuff to know about me is I’m damn funny. Well – if I say so myself. You can weigh in on that later if you like. I love to read and I love to cook. I will take a neat single malt scotch or a good bourbon over a drink with a fancy name any day of the week, and if we’re smoking a cigar with it, even better.

So – on with our show…..

No comments: