Monday, April 5, 2010

I kept myself from making a really bad pun about cattle and eyes. You're welcome.



So, when my fingers started spitting out words tonight (that would be an awesome superhero power, would it not?)it started as some strange, roamy thing about inspiration that was a tad sweet and mooshy…and it was all very odd, like I was Buffalo Bill in a skin suit. I’m not that girl, I’m inspired by beauty and art, and many other things that touch the human condition…but I am not a Blue Mountain Arts Card, mercifully so. The better word, the active word, the fire under your ass – sledgehammer to the problem word is …

Catalyze. To Catalyze. Catalyzing. Say it! See how it feels on your tongue…

Electric…yes?

TEN of the most CATALYZING things that have ever been said to me.

• Can’t.

• Well, if you don’t know where you are supposed to be, why don’t you just decide where you want to be?

• I tried to make it work with you.

• No.

• I decided long ago that you were on your own.

• Once time is gone, you can’t ever get it back.

• You gotta want it.

• Yes.

• Aren’t we a little bit old for that?

• Does it sound like a better life to follow your dreams, or to follow your fears? (thanks brotherman)

Some of these were from people I love, some from people who my life touched briefly, and some are from people who no longer are entitled to my time. One is from my third grade teacher. I thank them all for passing through. We never know what will spring us into action, but I'm eternally grateful for the random moment that reverberates, regardless of its genesis.

No comments: